ARRI Signature Primes
ARRI Signature Primes – A unique look never seen before
Ranging from 12mm to 280mm, the ARRI Signature Prime lenses offer a unique look never seen before in cinema. Warm, smooth skin; open shadows with crisp blacks; and bokeh like looking through a window in the rain. The timeless look of Signature Primes will never go out of style.
Signature Prime Features
- Warm smooth skin tones
- Open shadows with crisp blacks
- Exceptionally soft bokeh for increased sense of separation
- Soft and delicate flares
- Unparalleled flexibility with magnetic rear filter holder
- 16 matched primes from 12 to 280 mm
- Fine details beautifully rendered
- No visible focus breathing and no distortion for easy tracking
- Minimal chromatic aberration for a perfect key
Safe investment for rental houses
- Optimal results with all sensors due to near-telecentric design
- New mechanical design concept for easier service
- 24/5 global service
- Multi-award winning lenses
Fitted with new LPL Lens Mount
- Camera-independent, open standard
- Covering all image circles up to large format 46 mm
- Backwards compatible with PL-mount lenses through rock-solid PL-to-LPL Adapter
- LDS-2 and /i support
Detachable Magnetic Rear Filter Holder
Any material can be used to make a filter, from tinfoil and fishing line to stockings, wrapping paper, and vintage fabrics—each of them affecting bokeh, flaring and diffusion in different ways. Alternatively, glass elements can be used to simulate vintage lenses, with images sharp in the center but deteriorating in the corners. Simply visit your local optician with a filter holder and ask them to fit a close-up lens of whatever strength, coating or tint you want to try. The filter holder is magnetic, allowing fast and easy changes between looks, with no tools needed.
An additional way to explore different looks with the Signature Primes is to use ARRI’s uncoated replacement front element, which can be fitted by the user in just a few minutes to increase flaring, ghosting and reflections.
ARRI Signature Prime lenses are equipped with the LPL (Large Positive Locking) lens mount, a key element of ARRI’s large-format camera system. The wider diameter and shorter flange focal depth allow LPL lenses to be small and lightweight, with a fast T-stop and pleasing bokeh—a combination of features that would not be possible with the old PL lens mount.
ARRI shares LPL specifications openly and free-of-charge across the industry, in order to establish the LPL lens mount as the new standard interface between cameras and lenses. ARRI LPL lens mounts are available for ALEXA 65, ALEXA LF, ALEXA Mini LF, ALEXA Classic/XT/SXT, ALEXA Mini and AMIRA cameras. In addition, third parties already offer LPL lens mounts for cameras, director’s viewfinders, and lens testing tools, so ARRI Signature Primes and other LPL lenses can be universally used.